Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Navigating the Great Turning - An Un-Conference to Be The Change
Saturday, April 30, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (PDT)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Pre-registration is closed, but tickets are still available at the door from $35 and up -- cash or cheque is preferred, but credit card options are available. See you tomorrow!
Join hundreds of change agents and over 40 passionate community
leaders to explore how we can create a sustainable future through
action, innovation, and consciousness.
Engage with leaders from Greenpeace, Village Vancouver, Oxfam, and dozens of other leading organizations in a day of inspiring broad vision talks, intimate circle dialogues, artistic performances, and organic vegeterian lunch.
are many pieces to the puzzle of our emerging future, and your role is
pivotal. Come join us and Be The Change at the Great Turning
Un-Conference on Saturday, April 30th, at the Maritime Labour Centre in
Please note that standard and pay it forward tickets include free admission to The Quickening as well. If you would like to attend The Quickening but cannot make it to the Unconference, or have purchased a Pay What You Can ticket, please click here to view your options.
Great Turning speakers include:
- Miriam Palacios, Oxfam Canada: Women & Food Justice
- Ben West, Wilderness Committee: Oil Tankers in our Harbour
- Jessica Wilson, Greenpeace Canada: Tar Sands Travesty
- Tyee Bridge, The WIld Salmon Circle: Fish Farms
- Carmen Mills & Eric Dohetry: Join the Wave, Stop the Pave
- Taina Uitto, Plastic Manners, Living Without Plastic
- Karl Perrin: Pilgrimage to Burns Bog
- Melanie Schambach, www.goldminingart.com: Vancouver's Goldcorp in Latin America
- Ana Linares, Justicia for Migrant Workers BC: Migrant Farm Labour in BC
- John Vissers, Fraser Valley Conservancy: Community Rail
- Joe Foy: Wilderness Committee: Clayquot Sound
- Inge Mueller-Langer, Save The Elms of East 6th: Valuing Our Urban Forest
- Andrea Reimer, Vancouver Deputy Mayor: Community Resiliency
- Jeff Chiu, BC Hydro: Community Energy Conservation
- Ross Moster, Village Vancouver: Neighbourhood Food Networks
- Jordan Bober, Village Vancouver: Community Currencies
- Ann Pacey, Village Vancouver: Emergency Preparedness
- Louise Towell, Stream of Dreams: Urban Streams
- Rosemary Cornell, Be The Change: Neighourhood Plastic Depots
- Chanel Ly, Windermere Secondary: School Gardens
- Susan Maxwell & Helen Spiegelman, Zero Waste BC: Zero Waste
- Grant Watson, Grant's Gourmet Gardens: Edible Landscapes
- Anya Chase, Backyard Beekeeping Group: Backyard Beekeeping
- Gregory Almas, Be The Change: Action Circles
- David Tracey, EcoUrbanist: Engaged Ecology
- Olive Dempsey, City of Vancouver: The Greenest City
- Amy Tran, Environmental Youth Alliance: Seed Saving
- Joanne Bays, Food Policy Council: Local Food in Institutions
- Nickolas Grabovac, Vancouver Permaculture Meetup: Permaculture: Design for Sustainability
- Erin Nichols, FarmFolkCityFolk: Local Food Online
- Rex Weyler, Co-Founder, Greenpeace: Shambhala Warrior Today
- Ajay Puri, Rangi Changi Roots: Bringing Colour to the Green Movement
- Suzanne Barois & Anne Thompson, What's Your Tree: Finding Your Purpose and Passion
- Jeffrey Armstrong, Vedic Academy: The 10 Words: A Universal Vocabulary for a Global Spiritual Community
- Mia Amir, Transformative Communities Project: Arts for Community Empowerment
- Kate Sutherland: Make Light Work: Inner Work Tools for Joyful, Effective Action
- Naomi Steinberg, Vancouver Society of Storytelling: Community Storytelling
- Conrad Schmidt, Work Less Part: Work Less!
- Tara Mahoney & Fiona Rayher, Gen Why Media Project: Activating Gen Why
- Maureen Jack-LaCroix, Be The Change: Evolving Consciousness
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2011
Time: 9:00am to 5:30pm (Coffee, yoga, and registration at 8:00am)
Location: The Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver, BC, V5L 1K3 (click here to view a map of the location)
Tickets will be available at the door from $35 and up, but we encourage all participants to pre-register through this page. We are pleased to offer a sliding scale, pay-what-you-can pricing plan.
* Please note that we cannot process refunds at this time. All sales are final.
** Please note that it is not necessary to print your Eventbrite ticket - upon registration, you will have been entered into our internal records. Save paper!
The Great Turning is presented in Partnership With: